Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's neither here nor there.

HomePortalGalleryIt's a TVLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Story Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sevhian
Totally a Member.
Sevhian

Stats
TE Name: Sevhian

Story Game Empty
PostSubject: Story Game   Story Game I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:06 am

Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
-Arthur C. Clarke

The world has become a massive and intricate pattern, feudal governments litter the landscape. All caught in a delicate web of politics and thankfully peace.

The strongest empire is lead by Dinzal the god king, whose mighty powers are insurmountable. Despite this fact, he has been frantically building his army nonstop for many years.
Scared of the possible blood shed that must inevitably follow, every other kingdom has done the same.

As the military might of the world reached epic proportions, all wondered when the first strike would happen. Some even considered preemptive attacks. However before any could foolishly strike at another, they found the reason for Dinzal's urgency.

Great floating islands, more than the eye could count suddenly descended through the sky. The mighty and unstoppable godrace of Dinzal had come to take him back. Or so the other countries thought. But it was not Dinzal that struck in a bid to remain, but rather a great floating island unleashed from its center a great strike of lightning 40 miles across that obliterated the capital city of his empire.

Fortunately for the planet he was prepared for a frontal assault, he had already fled his city and soon after word arrived of its decimation so too did shipments of his wizards enchanted weapons, with wizards to explain and operate them.

Only one question now remained, to fight off these gods and their flying continents, or to return Dinzal to them?

Clarification time: The magic, is technology.

Character sheet, for my convenience. If you want you don't have to have one if you talk over your character's prefered starting position and maybe look with me first, or you could just say you want to join and not give any info and I can place you where I want.

Example/My character:
Name: Anon Descartes Laruse
Alliance: Wandrer
Appearance: Wears a flowing cloth coat that reaches below his knees, with loose cloth pants that don't impede movement, he has a katana strapped to his back. Eye length gray hair framing an about 21-year old face.
Class: Wandering Spellsword
Skills: Wizardry, Swordsmanship, Damn good smile.
Origin City: Not yet divulged.
Custom Field: Indubitably.

If you're going to use a picture for your charactersheet, please draw it yourself, or have someone you know draw it. The style can be simple, I'd prefer it in the armed with wings style, because that rocks.

I will be the the story teller, ergo I tell you your surroundings, and how your actions affect them. Including other players, if you appeal for a different outcome I can use the dice to decide. You may only ask for this once for a given outcome.

I will be making a map, but you may suggest provinces. Also, you can be from the floating islands if you want. But if you do, you have to be of a similar mindset, or at least have left that similar mindset, which would explain your banishment/need for escape.

The world will be a similar culture to the Armed with Wings series. None of that black mist stuff though.

NOTE:If it is reasonable for you to die, be dismembered, or otherwise maimed in any circumstances, your power as a player will not save you, npcs are just as powerful, if not more powerful than you are.
Back to top Go down
http://place.niceboards.net
Optoer

Optoer

Stats
TE Name: Optoer

Story Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Game   Story Game I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:13 pm

This sounds awesome. I think you should make a region of people that can't use magic and instead use steam or something. That would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Story Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Game   Story Game I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:25 pm

Sevhian wrote:
NOTE:If it is reasonable for you to die, be dismembered, or otherwise maimed in any circumstances, your power as a player will not save you

this made my day. =D
Back to top Go down
Sevhian
Totally a Member.
Sevhian

Stats
TE Name: Sevhian

Story Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Game   Story Game I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:31 pm

Optoer wrote:
This sounds awesome. I think you should make a region of people that can't use magic and instead use steam or something. That would be cool.

All of the 'magic' is just applied technology, steam counts as a form of technology.

Kyonko wrote:
Sevhian wrote:
NOTE:If it is reasonable for you to die, be dismembered, or otherwise maimed in any circumstances, your power as a player will not save you

this made my day. =D

I'm glad.
Back to top Go down
http://place.niceboards.net
fluctuatingpersona
Invincible Spinner
fluctuatingpersona

Stats
TE Name: Drehen

Story Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Game   Story Game I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:17 pm

Deploying redshirts to die by the thousands~ Captain Redshirt, go!
...In all seriousness, though, it sounds interesting =w=b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Story Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Game   Story Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story Game
Page 1 of 1