Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's neither here nor there.

HomePortalGalleryIt's a TVLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alternity rp

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Optoer

Optoer

Stats
TE Name: Optoer

Alternity rp Empty
PostSubject: Alternity rp   Alternity rp I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Just throwing this out here.
This is a rather old game that I found from dusting off my old computer (We call it Alma, but I like calling it "The Archives") and looking through a bunch of files. I happened upon an interesting roleplay that seemed like it would fit in since now we have a dice system. I can give you all the pdf files if anyone is interested.

Its a sci-fi game much like DnD in the sense there is a narrator and players create characters to roam and fight monsters and even advance the main story if they care enough.
I really haven't read any of the rulebooks/playerbooks/scenarios but from what little I have read (Front and Back Cover) It seems interesting enough.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Alternity rp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternity rp   Alternity rp I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:19 pm

I would like to try I've always wanted to play DnD so a roleplay game similiar DnD works too xD
Back to top Go down
Optoer

Optoer

Stats

Alternity rp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternity rp   Alternity rp I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:05 pm

We could create a DnD game on the forum since there is a dice system and I have a couple rule books.
Back to top Go down
fluctuatingpersona
Invincible Spinner
fluctuatingpersona

Stats
TE Name: Drehen

Alternity rp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternity rp   Alternity rp I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:14 pm

That sounds interesting...
Having played a few rounds of it before, I can tell you that it'll take a lot of posts to get anything done, though.
Not that that's a bad thing, necessarily XD
Back to top Go down
Optoer

Optoer

Stats

Alternity rp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternity rp   Alternity rp I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:28 pm

Yea I've played play-by-post and you really have to have patience because not everyone has time everyday.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Alternity rp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternity rp   Alternity rp I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:09 am

Yeah seriously...anyways I was thinking about it and maybe the solution for everyone not having time would be

A.)Set certain times for those roleplays so if anyone is interested and can join they will.
B.)Make the game not very serious and it is restarted each time.
(This way anyone can join whenever it happens without having to worry if they missed too much)

Also maybe ending the game when a good amount of the people who were participating leave would be a good idea.
That or just continuing the game amongst the remaining if possible,but like I said it would be for the best if it wasn't a serious one.What do you think?
Back to top Go down
fluctuatingpersona
Invincible Spinner
fluctuatingpersona

Stats

Alternity rp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternity rp   Alternity rp I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:19 am

I approve of that idea. Probably the most sensible and realistic way of doing it, no one complains about not having enough data to follow the plot, and it's less hassle all around. =w=b
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Alternity rp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternity rp   Alternity rp I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:13 am

Yeah and if people want to be more serious about it then..they can have their own games with certain people in private if they want
Back to top Go down
Optoer

Optoer

Stats

Alternity rp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternity rp   Alternity rp I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:24 pm

this is DnD we're talking about. Thats really hard to do considering their characters won't get anything when we end it because people aren't posting.
Back to top Go down
fluctuatingpersona
Invincible Spinner
fluctuatingpersona

Stats

Alternity rp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternity rp   Alternity rp I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 pm

That's a good point...we'll have to find some other method of distributing spoils. Trying to create entirely new characters every time would also be time-consuming...Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Optoer

Optoer

Stats

Alternity rp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternity rp   Alternity rp I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 5:28 pm

I do have a program I can use to roll stats and create characters and I think it has a spoils system. We could do a beta campaign and see if all goes well. But then again we could do it via IRC. Actually that would work if the right bot is found.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alternity rp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternity rp   Alternity rp I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternity rp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Place :: Roles to be Played :: Diplomacy-
Jump to: