Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's neither here nor there.

HomePortalGalleryIt's a TVLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Sheet layout

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orrin

Orrin

Stats
TE Name:

Character Sheet layout Empty
PostSubject: Character Sheet layout   Character Sheet layout I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:19 am

Your character should hopefully start out relatively simple, providing more questions than answers at this point. No playing mysterious, though; that should happen on its own. Like I said before, I don't even want YOU to know everything about your character when you make them. It's a lot more fun when you watch how your creation deals with the situations I give it, and how it develops along the way. If you know everything, the fun is only in the challenge, which there won't be much of anyway, due to the way that I conduct things.
Anyways. Model it after the following (copy and paste if you feel the need):
----------------------------
Name:

Appearance:

History:
----------------------------
To break it down;
Name is fairly self-explanatory. That's a pun, if you think about it. At least as much as I do, in any case.
Gender as well. I would highly prefer that you use your own real life gender for this. I find that crossing that line can make things fairly awkward and frankly I don't think a boy can accurately portray a girl unless they've trained under Shakespeare. It's nigh-impossible when one is improvising, especially. Same goes for girls portraying boys, although I cannot imagine why one would choose to do that. No offense intended; after all, I'm male.
As for occupation, it has already been decided that every character works for The Agency. So what I'm asking for here is a specific job. Is your character a secretary? Are they an investigator? Are they just a security guard, a supervisor, or a desk jockey? Maybe an intern? There's probably more jobs than just those ones, so feel free to make something up. Don't think about it too much, just pick something. Or I could pick for you, if you like.
Under appearance, I would like you to include a description of your character. Duh. The catch is, don't go overboard. It's fun and all to have unusually colored hair and eyes, but if you want your character to be unique, let them express it by the choices they make. I mean, don't be counterintuitive, just-- nevermind. Anyway, in this world, it's likely that everyone looks similar due to certain policies and such. It's dystopian, you see. So try to keep it down to eye color, hair color and style, and perhaps posture and face shape or something. Like I said though, nothing too eccentric. It should only be enough for someone reading your posts to be able to picture your character in their various situations. Speaking of which, no pictures. You know how pictures ruin things. Like how Robert Pattinson ruined Edward, who we all thought couldn't possibly be worse in the first place until he came traipsing on to the screen. Besides, I don't think there's really anything on the internet that would truly match the theme of this stuff.
Last of all, History. Leave this one blank when you start your character, but fill it in as we go along. I think I've made my point, but it's better not to know anything about them when you've only just made them up. Things will be revealed down the road naturally, so just relax. It will be good.
Let a thing without form be poured into a mold, suddenly exposed, and baked until it becomes hard and shiny.
Metaphorically.

Oh, and really, just one per person please. I have school on weekdays.
Back to top Go down
Orrin

Orrin

Stats
TE Name:

Character Sheet layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Sheet layout   Character Sheet layout I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:19 pm

New guideline, make sure you see this:
You have GOT to run your character by me before you make a post. The only reason there are those that I haven't posted an approval stamp on in their topics is because I talked to them on MSN or something.
And for crying out loud people, it should not be that difficult to make an uninteresting character! Just give them a NORMAL name, describe a completely NORMAL appearance (Sevhian's is the effing paragon of this, by the way; how the heck did he pull that off, I wonder), and then post a NORMAL day with some mysterious activity mixed in. Anything. Being late for work, petty theft, they're just friggin' sleep-deprived or something, use your imagination. Your character works for The Agency. Think of any of the numerous TV dramas based around the law enforcement system, pick a job that you remember someone having in that, and post that as your occupation.
If you like, privately think about an illegal activity that your character regularly or irregularly engages in, in secret. Do all you can to make their illegal actions poke through their social facade. For example, maybe they can't stand to look at bright lights. Maybe they shiver whenever someone walks behind them. Maybe they shoot glances and gestures at other characters.
Just forget everything you think you know about roleplaying and go with the flow here.
Back to top Go down

Character Sheet layout
Page 1 of 1