Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's neither here nor there.

HomePortalGalleryIt's a TVLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Null and Void

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Optoer

Optoer

Stats
TE Name: Optoer

Null and Void Empty
PostSubject: Null and Void   Null and Void I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:41 pm

A man sits before you behind a desk which has many files and papers on it's surface. The name card says "Chief Vogel". The chief turns himself around in his chair and looks at you. never breaking eye contact. This is defiantly serious business. He takes his cigar out of his mouth and burns it out in the ash tray then flicks it into the trash can beside the desk. You sit across from him in a chair usually reserved for clients. He's called you for something big but you don't understand why he's called upon a private eye like you. He starts to speak, "Do you know why I called you down here?" His voice deep and crackly, the sort you hear in old noir flicks. "No sir I have no idea why you have called me down here." You reply in a serious tone. He sits back in his chair and pulls out another cigar and lighter. In the strip of light that appears when the lighter turns on you can make out a single feature, his thick mustache that seems to have grown out many years. "I've called you because of this case that's been all over the news. You know the one with the bodies showing up everywhere, their faces covered in a blanket and in strange positions that seem to link with biblical paintings?" You've seen them before but you don't think you've heard the whole story, "I've only ever seen headlines, I never buy the paper much anymore." The chief took out his cigar and blew smoke towards your face. "Thats the case that has been bugging everyone here in the force. Even the highest detectives have given up on it. But you, I've got a feeling about you. I've heard so much about PIs and I think with enough of 'em we can pull this thing off. What'd ya say?" "I'd say you're mistaken. If the professionals can't do the job then how are we supposed to?" His mustache twitched a bit in the strip of light coming from the blinds behind him. "So you're on the case?" He asked. "You bet I am sir." You get up out of your chair and walk out of the dark room. You check your holster just to see if your gun is still there. You never know when you could drop it. You walk out of the building and look up into the night sky as it quickly starts to rain heavily. You start down the street towards your office. At this hour of the night the world just seems so Null and Void.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one I thought up a couple days ago. Basically each person plays the role of a private eye or a professional detective in the 40s/50s as you and many other investigators are called upon to investigate a crime so mysterious that many have gone insane trying to solve it, thinking it is all a conspiracy and making theories. The clues are everywhere but are also hard to spot. So have fun and remember, not all secrets are well hidden.
Back to top Go down
fluctuatingpersona
Invincible Spinner
fluctuatingpersona

Stats
TE Name: Drehen

Null and Void Empty
PostSubject: Re: Null and Void   Null and Void I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:49 am

This sounds interesting~ I may use my investigator character from Paranoia for this, too.

A slightly different version, of course XD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Null and Void Empty
PostSubject: Re: Null and Void   Null and Void I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:44 am

-puts on trench coat and fedora and sits on a bench pushing up her shades-
So I herd you liek mystery roleplays
Back to top Go down
Optoer

Optoer

Stats

Null and Void Empty
PostSubject: Re: Null and Void   Null and Void I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Yea the only problem is people cooperating with the mystery and understanding you can not solve it in one day y'know. Also a clues system like getting leads or following trails. I should also mention that you can and should team up in this roleplay.
Back to top Go down
fluctuatingpersona
Invincible Spinner
fluctuatingpersona

Stats

Null and Void Empty
PostSubject: Re: Null and Void   Null and Void I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:15 pm

Well, if it ended in a day, it'd be a rather short RP XD
So, will you be giving out the clues, then? Or how do you want it to work?
Back to top Go down
Optoer

Optoer

Stats

Null and Void Empty
PostSubject: Re: Null and Void   Null and Void I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Yea thats a good idea. I'll release clues each week or so. They'll probably be in the form of riddles and I will tell them to one individual who will find the clue in their office and tell the others. Also this is realistic and set in America so if you have a character with a japanese name they have to be japanese and no psychic powers or magic either.
Back to top Go down
fluctuatingpersona
Invincible Spinner
fluctuatingpersona

Stats

Null and Void Empty
PostSubject: Re: Null and Void   Null and Void I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:33 pm

Noted. My character's last name is German, so I'm safe XD
*shot*
Back to top Go down
Optoer

Optoer

Stats

Null and Void Empty
PostSubject: Re: Null and Void   Null and Void I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Lol yea thats fine. Just get into the mind set of a person in the 40s/50s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Null and Void Empty
PostSubject: Re: Null and Void   Null and Void I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Null and Void
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Place :: Roles to be Played :: Diplomacy-
Jump to: