Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's neither here nor there.

HomePortalGalleryIt's a TVLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NEWS: 13 blues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zjhentohlauedy
Panda
zjhentohlauedy

Stats
TE Name:

NEWS: 13 blues Empty
PostSubject: NEWS: 13 blues   NEWS: 13 blues I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:09 am

Quote :
A 13-year-old boy was struck by lightning — at 13:13 hours on Friday the 13th, according to reports.
The teen was watching an air show at Lowestoft, England, when he was struck and was later treated for burns to his shoulder, the U.K.'s Mirror newspaper said. He is expected to fully recover.
Rex Clarke, leader of the St. John Ambulance team that treated the child, described what happened.
"Suddenly there was this huge crack of lightning really close to the seafront and really loud thunder," he told the Mirror. "Seconds later we got a call someone had been hit. The boy was breathing and was conscious."
"He had a minor burn to his shoulder and was taken to hospital as a precaution. It could have been a lot worse," he said, adding: "It's all a bit strange that he was 13, and it happened at 13:13 on Friday the 13th."
Two other spectators, who were standing near the boy when he was hit, were treated for minor injuries, the Mirror said.
"We were just watching the Red Arrows [air display team] go past and there was a flash of lightning," one of the wounded, Jordan Gissing, 16, told the Mirror. "I couldn't speak. I was in shock."

SOURCE
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38710593/ns/world_news-weird_news/

I have no clue if this kid is seriously lucky or seriously unlucky. Glad he's ok tho XD
Back to top Go down
thunderflash

thunderflash

Stats
TE Name:

NEWS: 13 blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS: 13 blues   NEWS: 13 blues I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:39 am

Same here. Of all the times to get struck by lightning...
Back to top Go down

NEWS: 13 blues
Page 1 of 1