Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's neither here nor there.

HomePortalGalleryIt's a TVLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.::The Escape::.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aiden of the Stars

Aiden of the Stars

Stats
TE Name:

.::The Escape::. Empty
PostSubject: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:00 pm

This RP was originally on the Xenosaga Official Board, posted by user Charsu. It originated on the Pendragon forums and has since disappeared from those boards. In the time since it left the Xenosaga OB, I have altered it slightly, to make the story sound more interesting and have changed the name of the facility from TSY to TSR so a name could be attached to it more easily.

The Story

The government has set up a secret research organization called Technical Studies and Research: TSR. It captures children that have abilities outside of human recognition and tests them to learn what in the brain triggers this in an attempt to learn how to enable this ability in other humans. All the teenagers in TSR's custody were captured at a young age, between seven years old and ten years old. Their families eliminated upon the children's capture, the only people the teens now have in this world are each other. Bonds were grown early in life as they were all ripped away from the warm and familiar and stuck together.

During a fire drill, several teens start looking around outside and soon gather the idea of an escape. Passing along the word to the others, soon, they had a plan. Hardly developed, the plan was doomed to fail but desperate, the teens worked together at every lunch period and soon had ideas in place. The guards are on high alert, feeling like something is going to happen. The safety on the guns are all off, highly trained soldiers patrol every corridor. Now all that left is... The Escape.

The Powers

Power - Any are allowed to be chosen as a starting power
~~~ Evolution - An evolution can be chosen as a starting power, but you relinquish the previous ability.

Special Senses - You can sense what a person is like when you meet them. What they have done, what they're planning, weather their good or bad. It's like, seeing a card face-down on a table and knowing that it's the King of Spades. You can sense danger and changes in the weather. Stuff like that.
~~~Sonic scream - Nothing to it except a high pitched Sonic Scream. It can blow out the hearing of anyone in a fifty foot radius. The result is only temporary (about an hour) but you'll have a ring in your ears for days afterward.

Premonition - You can see in the future. Nothing special, like real visions, you know what's coming because something in your mind tells you so. Similar to special senses, but you can get a more detailed outlook. Like... where the bad weather will happen... or... why the danger will occur.
~~~Illusion - You can change how others perceive the area. One with a strong mental capacity can even add scents and a breeze. The downside being, it takes a lot out of a person and you'll need good concentration to be able to hold the illusion.

Astral Projection - You can create another one of yourself in time of need, the trouble is that you have control yourself and your astral self.

Telepathy- You get glimpses of people's thoughts. You can't dig deep in there, you can skim their outer thoughts. Like... their exact thoughts at that very moment.
~~~ Mind control - Simply put, temporary control over ones mind. Depending on your strength, you can control them for two minutes up to half an hour. You can make them protect you, fight for you, whatever. Just keep in mind GM-ing for the protection of other players.

Object Manipulation - nothing special. You can turn on the lights when you walk in a building, you can move things a few feet, and you can raise things off the ground within a 50 foot radius. You can't move people. It's this whole universe thing about free will.
~~~ Elemental Control - You have partial control over the elements. You can makes a river flood a bit, spark a fire or spread one a few feet out, etc.

Once you get further in the story, your powers may advance.

The government is free game. If you have an idea for them, go ahead and feel free to use them.

And remember, that not everyone has to be an escapee. There can be traitors and pursuers, etc. You're not restricted to an escaped teen.

Rules

1. No GM-ing
2. No power playing
3. No character killing unless you agreed upon it with the player of the character whom you are killing
4. No excessive swearing
5. Obey the general rules of the forum
6. Relationships are encouraged but keep it PG-13
7. Be semi-literate. If one-liners are unavoidable, make up for it later. If you can't think of something, write out your characters feelings, how the area looks, etc...

Template

Name: (you don’t know your last name)
Power: (pick one from above)
Appearance: (A link please)
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fears:
History: (not optional)
Other:

Last edited by Aiden of the Stars on Sun May 23, 2010 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fluctuatingpersona
Invincible Spinner
fluctuatingpersona

Stats
TE Name: Drehen

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Sounds like this could be interesting~
Also, by "link" regarding appearance, do you mean a link to a picture? If so, are there any restrictions to be aware of (other than pictures of non-humans or humans that are obviously older or younger than the target age)?
Back to top Go down
Aiden of the Stars

Aiden of the Stars

Stats
TE Name:

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:21 pm

For teens that are actually escaping, I'd prefer they be around that range. I actually have to correct that age, the range is actually 10 -20. TSR would still be abducting kids.

And no, I'm not going to make any restrictions on humans/non-humans. I tried that once before and I still got non-humans, quite a few of them actually so, no, no restrictions there.
Back to top Go down
fluctuatingpersona
Invincible Spinner
fluctuatingpersona

Stats

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:38 pm

I guess it is a link to a picture, then~
Anyway, as stated, this sounds pretty interesting~ I'll definitely join this one.
Back to top Go down
Aiden of the Stars

Aiden of the Stars

Stats
TE Name:

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:39 pm

Oh yes, sorry. I'm between tasks at the moment, lol. I'm making a small map of TSR at the moment, I got so bored.

And yay! Can't wait to see who you come up with.
Back to top Go down
Neko&Inu

Neko&Inu

Stats
TE Name: Ysera & Inu

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:24 pm

So, if you have no picture of the character, what do you do? =w=
Back to top Go down
Aiden of the Stars

Aiden of the Stars

Stats
TE Name:

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:30 pm

No picture, then a description is just as good =)

I put that only because to huge pictures can get annoying if put in image tags

EDIT: Click for a map of TSR

I made that during my insanely mind-numbing boredom while my dad was killing Wii with some "Real Firefighters" game that is actually very VERY wrong on several accounts.
Back to top Go down
fluctuatingpersona
Invincible Spinner
fluctuatingpersona

Stats

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Interesting~ Presumably, the empty spots are undecided...or bunk rooms or such.
Now we need a place for the character sheets~
Back to top Go down
Aiden of the Stars

Aiden of the Stars

Stats
TE Name:

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:10 am

Bedrooms, yeah. Blue lines being doorways. I could have been more creative but meh.
Back to top Go down
Neko&Inu

Neko&Inu

Stats

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:39 am

Of course, there are other things than bedrooms, right? I wouldn't want to see a washroomless lab XD
Back to top Go down
fluctuatingpersona
Invincible Spinner
fluctuatingpersona

Stats

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:52 am

Probably a mess hall somewhere, too XD
Back to top Go down
Aiden of the Stars

Aiden of the Stars

Stats
TE Name:

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:02 am

I'm still working on it, no worries XD
Back to top Go down
Neko&Inu

Neko&Inu

Stats

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:54 am

In the end, I had a picture for my character. Do I win? =3

Especially for not having taken it randomly for the internet? =w=
Back to top Go down
Aiden of the Stars

Aiden of the Stars

Stats
TE Name:

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:07 am

I love that!

I revised the map again btw. Tell me if there's anything missing or needed and I can add it. Clicky
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:44 pm

I'm confused about what you mean by this.

Quote :

7. Be semi-literate. If one-liners are unavoidable, make up for it later. If you can't think of something, write out your characters feelings, how the area looks, etc...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 2:55 pm

I still need to find names and pictures >.< and she means speak english that everyone can understand and don't just type a line atleast make it a few...you know be descriptive or something like how you should in roleplays.Also if you do have to make a one liner make up for it later
Back to top Go down
fluctuatingpersona
Invincible Spinner
fluctuatingpersona

Stats

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:08 pm

The map seems to be coming along nicely~ Depending on the living conditions, you might consider recreational areas (or not, if we're going for something darker in tone).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:15 am

If we're trying to escape so badly I think it's definetly darker in tone plus they've been testing us to get use our powers so... XD
Back to top Go down
Youmu

Youmu

Stats
TE Name:

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:17 pm

So... Are the Powers that are listed in the first post the only available Powers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.treasuretrooper.com/xenosaga
Aiden of the Stars

Aiden of the Stars

Stats
TE Name:

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:26 pm

The darker the better for the characters, and they wouldn't want us to be in good enough shape that it would be easy to escape.

And yes, those are the only available powers for this RP.
Back to top Go down
Youmu

Youmu

Stats
TE Name:

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:01 pm

When will the RP start?
Back to top Go down
http://www.treasuretrooper.com/xenosaga
Aiden of the Stars

Aiden of the Stars

Stats
TE Name:

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:14 pm

As soon as I finish John because the start of the RP will heavily involve him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .::The Escape::.   .::The Escape::. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.::The Escape::.
Page 1 of 1